So we had to trek to Austin this weekend because hubby had drill. But not just any drill...his last drill _ever_. Say it with me everyone, "Goodbye, US ARMY"
Ok, he's not out officially until April 30th. But still.
We drove up Friday night and after finding the hotel, collapsed in anticipation of the 6am wakeup. I dropped him off at Campy Mabry for 7am and then went back to the hotel and went back to bed. I had an uneventful day reading "Twinkie Deconstructed" by Steve Ettlinger. Excellent read btw.
We went to dinner with hubby's boss and another guy that went to Afghanistan with them. He happens to be a Texas State Representative, so he had lots of interesting stories from the legislature. After dinner we met my friend R for ice cream at Amy's. Oreo cookie and Coconut Chocolate Chip in case you're wondering. Then we wandered over to look at the Arboretum cows.
Today after hubby had his physical, we met our friends C and S for lunch at Waterloo Ice House. Then they were nice enough to join us on a shopping expedition. See, for our mutual March b-days, we decided to get a beer-making setup. Me, because I like to drink beer. Hubby, because he has a degree in chemistry.
So we got a setup at Austin Home Brew. We got one of their "clone" recipes that replicates a commercial beer. I got Live Oak Brewery's Hefe Weizen . Live Oak is an Austin brewery and their beer is terrific. So in 6 weeks we should have a batch if anyone wants to drop by. We can also use our setup to make wine, soda, and (just for you, brother-in-law) mead. I think after the beer I'm going to try my hand at ginger ale. I want to replicate this: Blenheim ginger ale. This stuff is so good, but it's so gingery it actually burns as it goes down.
Ok, I think that's it. Gotta go to bed soon. Too much diet coke today...not sleepy...
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats to Chris on getting OUT!
I remember Alan's last drill. Oh happy day!
And they make Coconut Chocolate Chip ice cream? Why aren't Alan and I where you are?
Post a Comment